A week or so ago, I wrote an article for www.B2Bbloggers.com called Want to Engage Senior Executives? Think Mobile. Since this post, I have been speaking with some of my customers about advancing this notion.
Here is what we have come up with:
- The problem with direct engagement of Business Elite is that it is only possible once –
- You have successfully engaged gate keepers and influencers; or
- You already have existing relationships with them, i.e existing customers.
- It must be integrated with strategic sales and account executives, in fact, these folks are the best at leading the charge to engage senior execs
- It must be integrated with other marketing tactics such as executive events-seminars-round tables, blogs/newsletters, and sales material.
- All mobile content must be targeted at senior executives, which means really being brutal in terms of brevity, message and alignment to customer need.
The big thing we all agreed to was that it all had to be strategically planned and integrated into a long term demand generation program starting at first contact with potential influencers to working in support of sales.
The approaches and tactics we use to develop and maintain customer relationships are converging as quickly as technology is converging, but it doesnt seem to be on the radar for most B2B marketing organizations.
The approach requires us to build programs that are horizontal in nature engaging mobile, experiential, social channels as well as seamlessly integrating sales teams and specialists; and ensuring that it meets the requirements of their busy lifestyle in and out of the office.
Id be interested to understand what you think of this and how your organization is currently engaging senior executives.